Terms & Policies
We take very serious our security policies and undertake not to store your private data.
Emobot.me’s platform consists of a web application that delivers content from our customer’s Jira instances to Facebook’s Messenger platform. Data is stored within each customer’s Jira instance and only transmitted to Emobot.me for the purpose of handling the information to Facebook’s Messenger platform. Emobot.me does not store any customer private data. Emobot.me will temporarily store user preferences related to our platform.
The Emobot.me platform is designed for redundancy and the expectation that failures will happen. Our application is stored in secure environments, completely managed by first-class cloud vendors like Amazon and Heroku.
Application backups are performed nightly. All backup data is encrypted.
Emobot.me employees are responsible for the security of all data that may come to them, regardless of format. Only authorized Emobot.me employees have access to the application. When accessing the application, each employee must authenticate with their individual authentication credentials.
Customers are responsible for securing their login information, that of their local Jira instances and their end-user privacy.
The Emobot.me team monitors system health and integrity from Reykjavik, Iceland.
While Emobot.me has not undergone a third party security audit, we have chosen cloud hosting providers that are SOC-compliant.
At Emobot.me we take any reports of vulnerabilities seriously. If you encounter a security issue with any of our software or services, please report it to email@example.com. We have an internal SLA for responding to such issues, and are committed to addressing security issues promptly.
Please note that it is against our Terms of Service to run automated security scanning tools against our system without prior approval. If you are interested in providing such a service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The types of personal information or personal data we may collect about you include:
- your preferences according to the usage of our application;
- information you provide us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have inquired about, and our response to you;
- We will collect these types of personal information directly from.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- if you apply for employment with us, to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you.
Please note that we currently use the following third parties to process personal information:
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties, if you are a European Union (EU) citizen, to third parties that reside outside the EU.
We are committed to reduce to a minimum, the storage of personal information. We are currently not collecting any personal information through our platform and you will be notified if this stance changes.
If you are an EU citizen, your personal data will:
- be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner by us;
- only be collected for the specific purposes we have identified in the ‘collection and use of personal information’ clause above and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes we have identified;
- be collected in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal information is processed;
- be kept up to date, where it is possible and within our control to do so (please let us know if you would like us to correct any of your personal information);
- be kept in a form which permits us to identify you, but only for so long as necessary for the purposes for which the personal data was collected;
- be processed securely and in a way that protects against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Specifically, we have the following measures in place, in accordance with the GDPR:
Data protection policies – We have internal policies in place which set out where and how we collect personal information, how it is stored and where it goes after we get it, in order to protect your personal information.
Right to ask us to erase your personal information – You may ask us to erase personal information we hold about you.
Right to ask us to restrict data processing – You may ask us to limit the processing of your personal information where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is wrong (to give us enough time to verify if the information needs to be changed), or where processing data is unlawful and you request us to restrict the processing of personal information rather than it being erased.
Notification of data breaches – We will comply with the GDPR in respect of any data breach.
Your Rights and Controlling your Personal Information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our Site or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party (data portability).
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or an article of the GDPR and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Storage and Security
We are committed to not to store any personal information in our platform.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other Websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Mávahlíð 37, 105 Reykjavík
+345 858 5796
To file a request relating to your personal data please visit Emobot.me